Thursday, May 12, 2011

The rest of the story...

Hi everyone! Sorry I left you hanging with the happenings at Mayo! I came back home to a hectic week! Things ended well at Mayo. I finally had my MRI and met with Dr. Aggarwal. He was pretty amazed with all of my results. He found no infection, what they thought was a new fistula was not a fistula. He did say that my colon was inflamed, which was not the case at the time of the last surgery...which means that the Crohn's Disease is flaring. He was still thinking a permanent disconnect was the way to go. They want to see me mid to late June for a re-assessment. So, we got the go ahead to leave Wednesday afternoon, and leave we did. Dad and I drove straight through and got in our own beds around 1:30 Thursday morning...totally worth it! Since I came home I've been doing great. My Crohn's symptoms are the best they've been since I was diagnosed...with the exception of the time I had the stoma. Dr. Aggarwal is pleased and I think a bit amazed. Prayer worked for me. What an amazing experience. I have some pretty fantastic people in my life. Many of you know that while I was gone, Robin and Mom hosted our annual mini convention at On the Pot. That awesome group of people put together an $800 gift to help cover our trip to Mayo. I cannot properly express my appreciation for the gift. What an amazing blessing. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful thoughts and prayers. I love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment