Monday, March 28, 2011

A day of tests ends well!

Well today was a fun and crazy adventure! Julie spent most of the day in various parts of the hospital getting poked, prodded, scanned, and checked, while I hung out in waiting rooms watching the sea of people who come to the Mayo clinic.

Okay, Julie's stuff first, and then I'll tell you about the fun I saw... She did blood work, an MRI with contrast, a colonoscopy and then had appointments with the goofy Dr. Agerwall, and the fabulously beautiful Dr. Dozois (DOHS-WA). Dr. Agerwall told us that ALL the tests looked really good and he was happy with Julie's steady weight loss. Dr. Dozois was also happy with the tests and was ready to go ahead and schedule surgery for tomorrow. He as always was gaurded and told Julie that it is possible she will wake up from surgery and still have a stoma, if he feels like everything hasn't healed properly, but most likely he will do the takedown tomorrow. Julie told him, that if she still had a stoma when she woke up, they wouldn't be as good of friends anymore. He told her, if she still had a stoma, he would send a member of his team to tell her! We love Dr. Dozois, and even though he tends to be gaurdedly opptomistic about everything, it's kind of good because he prepares us for all the options. We have to call tonight after 8:30 to find out when surgery will be, I'll let you know when we know.

Okay, now about the waiting rooms. Waiting rooms here are awesome. Every little table has plug ins for your laptop and there is free WIFI through out the building. I checked e-mail, facebook, and watched a whole movie while Julie was in her colonoscopy. Mostly, though, I watched people. Here are some of my favorites:
1. A nurse came out and paged a man named Ronald Dickmeyer. pffffftttt.... I couldn't help it, I had to laugh, and so did others in the waiting room.
2. Saw a woman in a burqa with a full veil complete with eye holes go in for a colonoscopy. I was trying to picture in my mind just how violating that must seem to her. I think it would be more so, than for someone dressed like me. If you never show your face in public, can you imagine?
3. A woman who was probably 75 years old, dressed head to toe in Harley Davidson wear. Literally every piece of clothing had the logo and was skin tight! Fabulous.

We are now back in the hotel room, chillin' out. We're going to watch some tv, and maybe work on a puzzle. Once we know surgery time, I'll post it! Thanks for all the prayers friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment