Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pancakes and Breakin Out

The doctors were in this morning and gave Julie the okay to eat regular food. She was very excited about that as she had big plans for pancakes for breakfast. After the docs left she called down to room service and they hadn't gotten the memo. So after jumping through some hoops Julie is enjoying her pancakes and fat free chocolate skim milk as we speak. Doctors tell us that she is going to get to leave the hospital sometime today. They would like us to stick around Rochester today just to make sure everything goes okay, but we should be able to head home tomorrow. Woo Hoo! Can't wait to be back in the regular world, even though we have been treated so well at Mayo Clinic. Julie wants a t-shirt to commemorate her visit, so we will be checking out the gift shop before leave. Oh, and food service delivered the recipe for meatloaf (everything is measured in mL so we will be converting). We will work on perfecting the mushroom sauce when we get home. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks so much for all your messages, prayers, phone calls, and taking care of everything while we have been gone!
Love you all!
Robin

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything is going good and I hope you guys will be home soon!!

    take care and love ya
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've all been in good hands. I wasn't aware of the blog until today, but you've all been on my mind and in my heart this week. I'm so glad they've given you a solution, and that next on the agenda is healing. Safe travels, and I look forward to seeing you all in church again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better soon. My dad has Chron's disease, and has been on Remicade for years and it has helped him more than all the other treatments he tried for years. It is a pricey treatment, one of the nurses helped him find some sort of a program that gives him a really big refund, I'll see if I can find out how he got it, but it cuts the cost in half.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my dear sweet friends! I can't believe everything you guys have been through. Jules... you are a trooper and I'm sure your positive outlook will serve you well. Robin, I know there is no one more able to help her through this than you, your family, and the network of friends you've created. "the most wasted of all days is the one without laughter." e.e. cummings

    ReplyDelete