Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We have arrived.

Julie is in her room now getting changed into an oh so fashionable open back hospital gown. She is at St. Mary's Hospital which is part of Mayo Clinic here in Rochester. She is on the sixth floor in room 282. Currently we know absolutely nothing new, but I'm sure that will change very quickly. Everyone we have encountered so far has been incredibly nice to us, and have really put Julie at ease. Even the lady in charge of all the insurance stuff, told her that she was in the right place and was going to feel better very soon.
Julie did very well on the trip up, but about 15 minutes before we arrived nerves set in, so we stopped and said a prayer, and all was well again. It seems like "normal" just keeps changing for her and Mayo Clinic is going to be the new normal at least for a little while.
When we know more, I will post it here. Thanks so much for all the love, well wishes and prayers. Julie can see the comments posted here on her cell phone. So feel free to write her messages and I will pass on her responses!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Juwee, The kids all say Hi and miss you lots. We all send you hugs and as our hard hat wearing friend from long ago would say
    " You need a kiss Ms. Juwee". You and the family our in our prayers.

    Love and Hugs Ms. Webbe & the gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...is the open back hospital gown fashionable?...I should totally sewn a cute one for you! Why not look your best even if your in the hospital? Thinking of you lots. Love you Julie!

    Love, Sam

    PS -My fake name "swaggerdaddy" is a pseudonym I used for blogging in English class so no one would know who I was. You shouldn't be scared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie and Robin! Hang in there and best of luck to you!!

    Mel Owings

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you a there safe and sound. I miss you already, but know this is the place to be right now!

    Love you, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, we are thinking about you ALOT! You amaze us so much with your smile and faith...just sit back (unless it hurts to sit back, then don't sit back) and know you are in the best hands available! We will miss you...here's something to make you laugh...a sandwich walks into a bar, the bar tender says, sorry we don't serve food here! LOL a skeleton walks into a bar, says give me a beer and a mop! (get it a mop to wipe up the beer he drinks...cuz he's a skel-e-ton)LOL...a termite walks into a bar and I can not for the life of me remember the punch line so if you can think of something funny let me know. Love you, Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Therese - How 'bout..."I don't need a drink, I'll just eat the bar"... no?

    Julie, do what they tell you... Cates Family... do what I say and rest and don't forget to eat and take care of yourselves. It's harder to be the wait-er than it is to be the patient. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete